Whois, Dig, and Nslookup
1. What type of informaiton does the whois tool provide?
Status of Domain
2. What flag is used to have the whois command query a different whois server?
3. To gather information on who a block of IP's is registered to, which whois server should you query?
4. True or False : Dig can be used by itself to see if a domain is on hold.
5. What are the statuses that dig will provide? (Choose all that apply)
6. What flag do you use with dig to do a zone transfer
7. By default, what type of query does nslookup do for a domain?
8. To use nslookup to find the MX records for the domain altavista.com, what query would you use?
nslookup mx altavista.com
nslookup -q=mx www.altavista.com
nslookup -q=mx altavista.com
9. In interactive mode, what does the
List all records for a domain
List the domains that a name server is authoritative for
Show the D records for a domain.
10. Choose the correct option for the domain for 18.104.22.168/24.