CCNA Practice Test
1. Which two statements about store and forward switching method are true?
Latency remains constant regardless of the frame size.
Latency through the switch varies with frame length.
The switch receives the complete frame before beginning to forward it.
The switch checks the destination address as soon as it receives the header and begins forwarding the frame immediately.
2. Which two physical interfaces support PPP?
3. Consider a method for transporting frames through a switch that checks the destination address in the frame header and immediately begins forwarding the frame. What is this frame transmission method called?
4. Which command would you use to enable IP/RIP version 1 on a router?
network 172.16.1.0 172.16.1.1
network 10.1.0.0 10.1.1.1
network 172.16.1.0 218.104.22.168
network 10.1.0.0 255.255.0.0
5. During encapsulation, in which order is information packaged?
Data, Segment, Packet, Frame
Data, Packet, Segment, Frame
Segment, Data, Packet, Frame
Packet, Data, Segment, Frame
6. Which of the following is an example of a valid MAC address?
7. What are two purposes for using switches?
To reduce collisions
To increase the number of collision domains
To decrease the number of collision domains
To decrease the number of broadcast domains
To increase collisions
8. Within a heirarchial number of IP addresses, what determines the portion of the address that will identify the network number?
Dots between octets
Class of first octet
Assignments of DHCP
9. Which three functions are supported by connection-oriented services?
Connection parameters are synchronized
Any loss or duplication of packets can be corrected
The data packet is independently router and the service does not guarantee the packet will be processed in order
A data communications path is established between the requesting entity and the peer device on the remote end system
10. Which two statements about reliable connection-oriented data transfer are true?
Recipients acknowledge receipt of data
When buffers are filled to capacity, datagrams are discarded and not transmitted
Windows are used to control the amount of outstanding acknowledged data segments
If the segments timer expires between receipt of the acknowledgement the sender drops the connection
The receiving device waits for acknowledgements from the sending device before accepting more data segments
11. What is the result of segmenting a network with a bridge?
It increases the number of collision domains
It decreases the number of collision domains
It increases the number of broadcast domains
It decreases the number of broadcast domains
12. Each department has its own file server and the company has an enterprise server that is shared by all departments. What does the network administrator use to provide a secure separation between the management and sales department?
Bridge between management and sales
Bridge between management and sales
Routers to provide the most secure segmentation
A hub to provide the ease of management and a satisfactory alternative for the network security
An Ethernet switch to secure separation by programming the access list of each port of the switch
13. What was the key reason for creating the International Organization for Standardization that released the OSI model?
Users could access network servers faster
Different vendor networks could work with each other
The industry could create a standard for how computers work
Network Administrators could increase the overall speed of their network
14. Given the IP address 192.168.21.12 for the class C address range your network needs address for 28 small offices. Each office uses its own subnet. The network designs specify that you configure for 5 bits of subnetting when you configure the Cisco IOS software. Which subnet mask should you use?
15. What is the link state routing protocol used in the TCP/IP protocol stack?
RIP ver 2
16. Which two commands allow you to verify address configuration in your network?
17. Which two IPX encapsulation names are correctly paired with their Cisco IOS encapsulation names?
18. In which modes can the ICMP ping command be used? (Choose all that apply)
19. Which command sets IGRP as the routing protocol for autonomous system 100?
Router(config)# IGRP 100
Router(config)# NETWORK 100
Router(config)# router IGRP 100
Router(config)# enable IGRP 100
20. You have a frame relay link on Serial. Which command displays the local management interface LMI data link connection identifier DLCI and bandwidth for that link?
show interface serial1
show frame-relay serial1
show protocol frame-relay serial1
show serial1 encapsulation frame-relay
21. What is the total bandwidth of all channels on a PRI circuit?
22. Your company has an employee that works at home. The employee runs big client-server applications and must quickly transfer large files. The company wants the best cost benefit on this connection. What would be the most practical solution?
An ISDN basic rate interface (BRI) connection to the user's home
A dedicated T1 connection to the user's home
A dedicated frame-relay connection to the user's home
A standard 28.8 analogue dial up connection to the user''s home
23. What does the frame relay switch use to distinguish between each PVC connection?
Local Management interface LMI
ata link connection identifier (DLCIs)
24. You are configuring a frame relay router with sub interfaces on interface serial 0. Which sub interface number could you use for this configuration?
1 and 2
0.2 and 0.3
1 and 1.1
0.1a and 0.1b
25. Given the following criteria for granting access from a remote router site to your LAN:
Restrict access on interface E0
deny access to telnet, FTP
All other types of operations.
Which line should come last in configuring your access list?
Access-List 101 deny E0 telnet FTP
Access-List 101 allow all except FTP telnet
Access-List 101 permit IP 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 any
Access-List 101 deny TCP 22.214.171.124 EQ 20 21 23
26. What is the maximum length of a fast Ethernet cable 100BaseTx standard?
27. Which command displays access list 111?
show access-list 111
show 111 IP access-list
display IP address-list
display access-list 111 details
28. What is 'back off' on an 802.3 network?
It is latency stored and forward switching
It is time used for token passing from machine to machine
It is retransmission delay that is encountered when a collision occurs
It is the result of two nodes transmitting at the same time; the frames from each transmitting device collide and are damaged
29. Which symbol in the router prompt indicates that you are in priveleges mode?
30. Which statement about half duplex Ethernet operation is true?
With half duplex, transmission frames feed into a single cable in one direction at a time.
Half duplex transmission between stations is achieved by using point to point Ethernet and fast Ethernet connection.
Half duplex transmission between stations is achieved by using point to multi point Ethernet and fast Ethernet connection.
Half duplex Ethernet technology provides a transmit circuit connection wired directly to the receiver circuit at the other end of the connection.
31. Question # 31 : You enter the following command:
router(config)line console 0
Which operation is most likely to follow?
Configure terminal type
Create a password on the console terminal line
Establish a terminal type 4 connection to a remote host
Change from configuration mode to console privileged mode
32. Which command assigns the login password 'Cisco' on the console terminal line?
line vty 0
Line login terminal
Line serial 0
Line console 0
33. How do you get help on a command after you have received the "% INCOMPLETE COMMAND" response from the switch?
Type show help
Enter a question mark to display all console commands
Type a ? and then the command
Re-enter the command followed by a question mark to view key words
34. Which three commands are used to configure information in RAM on a router?
Copy TFTP startup-config
Copy startup-config running-config
35. Which command loads a new version of Cisco IOS into the router?
Copy flash tftp
Copy tftp flash
Copy ftp flash
Copy flash ftp
36. Which two solutions are used to reduce the chance of distance vector routing loops?
Link State Algorithms
37. While you are preparing the initial configuration of your router and enable IP you find you need to use a Telnet session to check for a network address parameter. Your Telnet logging and your virtual transmission session on the other device are successful. By default, what must you enter to suspend your Telnet session and return to the original router?
The command 'exit'
CONTROL-ESC followed by 'x'
CTRL-Shift-6 followed by ''x''
CTRL-ALT-DEL followed by 'x'
38. Which exec command displays system configuration, software version and the names and source of configuration files and boot images on a router?
39. What are the primary operating modes for frame switching? (Choose all that apply)
Store and forward
40. A router on the other side of a PPP link uses the host name RTR1 and the password CORP-PWD. Which configuration line on RTR1 enables the connection between RTR1 and the other router named RTR2?
Username RTR2 password CORP1-PWD
Username RTR1 password CORP1-PWD
Username RTR2 password CORP2-PWD
Username RTR1 password CORP2-PWD
41. Which statements about a bridge are true? (Choose all that apply)
A bridge floods multicasts
A bridge floods broadcasts
A bridge does not flood multicasts
A bridge does not flood broadcasts
42. Which statement about an IP network is true?
A broadcast source MAC contains all zeros
A MAC address is part of the physical layer of the OSI model
MAC addresses are used by bridges to make forwarding decisions. IP addresses are used by routers
IP addresses are now a flat addressing scheme--MAC addresses use a hierarchical addressing scheme
43. Which statement about the specialized IP addresses shown below is true?
10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
They are private IP addresses
They can be leased with DHCP
They are allocated for VOL PVOLP
They represent IP classless addresses
They are used by the internal NIC for administration
44. What are four functional characteristics of the network layer of the OSI model?
It uses a two part address
It maintains routing tables
It uses broadcast addresses
It establishes network addresses
It provides access to the LAN media
It provides media independence for upper layers
It provides path selection for internetwork communication
45. Which basic switch functions increase available bandwidth on the network? (Choose all that apply)
Hop count limiting
46. You have just issued an erase startup-config command and reloaded you router. In which mode will your router be when you reboot?
47. Which of these commands sets RIP as the routing protocol?
Router (config)# rip
Router (config)# router rip
48. What are two components of an IPX packet?
Network number; IP address
MAC address; node number
Network number; MAC address
Network number; subnet number
49. Which network mask would you place on a Class C address to accommodate a user requirement of two sub networks with a maximum of 35 hosts on each network?
50. Which command mode is necessary to enter the extended ping command?
51. Which of the following are true of subnetting a Class C network?
Maximum subnet bit will be 6
Each subnet will have a maximum of 254 hosts
Maximum number of 62 subnets
Each subnet will have a maximum of 252 hosts
Maximum number of subnets is 64
52. Which statement is true when a broadcast is sent in an Ethernet/802.3 LAN?
The IP subnet used is 255.255.255.0
The IP address used is 255.255.255.255
The MAC address used is 00-00-00-00-00-00
The MAC address used is FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF
53. Which of these commands will configure the clock rate for 56000 on serial 0 interface?
Router# clock rate 56000
Router(config-if)#clock rate 56000
Router(config-if)#clock rate 56k
Router(config)#int serial0 clock rate 56000
54. Which command allows the user to see a system message when logging into a router?
55. If you are in IOS user mode, which command do you use to enter the privileged mode?
56. On a network design project you determine that a new testing application requires multiple hosts. The hosts must be capable of sharing data between each host and an enterprise server at 10 Mbps bandwidth. Other divisions in the company use applications that require less that 2 Mbps bandwidth from the enterprise server. What is your economical recommendation?
That existing 10baseT hubs be replaced with 100BaseT hubs to inprove overall performance.
That a router can separate the testing application from the rest of the network, thus allowing the testing application more bandwidth.
That a switch be instaleed so that the enterprise server can be provided a 100 Mbps port and each of the testing application haosts can be given dedicated 10 Mbps ports
That a bridge be placed between the enterprise server and all other users--with the exception of the testing application
57. What is the bandwidth capacity of an ISDN B channel?
For the following 8 questions use the following IP address
58. Convert to binary.
59. What is the subnet mask?
60. What is the network address?
61. What is the broadcast address?
62. How many IP addresses?
63. How many usable IPs?
64. First usable IP address?
65. What class is this IP address?