A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z # ALL
RIPE - Organizations
RIPE (Réseaux IP Européens) functions as the IP delegation point for all of Europe within the context of the Internet. It was formed in 1989 and serves a similar function to ARIN within the context of Eurpoe.
The objective of RIPE is to ensure the necessary administrative and technical coordination to allow the operation and expansion of a pan-European IP network.
- RIPE acts as a forum for the exchange of technical information and the creation of expertise on IP networking.
- The area of relevance for RIPE is Europe.
- All parties operating wide area IP networks are encouraged to participate.
- RIPE promotes and coordinates interconnection of IP networks within Europe and to other continents.
- RIPE establishes agreement on common network management practices and the operational management of the interconnected networks.
- RIPE serves as a focal point for other common activities of the participants related to IP networking.
- All documents produced by RIPE will be publicly available.
- RIPE is not a network service provider. IP networks collaborating in RIPE remain under the executive authority of their respective organizations.